I work full-time in higher education at really good institution. I don't work directly with students, but I do feel that in my work I am helping those who support students do their jobs better.
I have always enjoyed writing, and I have even been published a few times. This blog is my effort at building a writing base beyond my spiral notebooks. It's also a vehicle for me to continue to evolve into the person that currently only exists in my head.
Things I'm proud of although I did nothing to earn them:
- only child
- black woman
- grey hair
- inner city born and bred
Things I'm proud of I did earn:
- I have a Master's degree in Organization Development which I earned before the age of 30
- I lost over 50 lbs. working out on my own (unfortunately I now have to do this again)
- I have a great relationship with my mother
- an opportunity to travel to Europe to present at a conference
- I have a job I'm falling back in love with
- I can read and speak Spanish
I'm really good at:
- making lists, obviously
- coming up with amazing ideas both at work and at home
- being funny (I think I'm hilarious)
- solving puzzles
- being logical
I'm really bad at:
*I write this blog because I'm an expert on my own life. I am not an expert in anything else, so do not take any advice from me. Including what I just said.